Terms & charges for 2020
- Yacht delivery
- Guardianage for sailing yachts & motor boats
- Valeting & laundry
- Provisioning & diesel
- Hauling & launching
- Antifouling & hull preparation
- Engine servicing & mechanics
- Batteries & electrical
- Sails, covers & repairs
Yachts professionally delivered around the Med & UK up 200 gt by qualified commercial yacht master with over 20 years experience. Owner assisted deliveries & tuition offered en route. Delivery by road (Greece or UK during winter months) up to 1600 kg total kerb weight.
We offer this facility with safe shore-side mooring in Nidri, Lefkas for short periods while you leave your vessel to go exploring inland or return home from May until September. For the winter we can arrange yard storage &winterising of your vessel.
Valeting, laundry & provisioning
Just leave your yacht and go, or arrive for your holiday and be ready to set sail. More owners have been asking us to clean their yachts for their arrival or when they depart to make their holiday more enjoyable. We can also do your shopping, have your vessel fuelled & filled with water, moored on a quay with electricity (if available), so that you have fully charged batteries ready to just sit back and enjoy or set sail. We’ll even make up your bunks and chill your wine!
Hauling, launching & antifouling
Instead of spending a week or two in the yard, spend it on the water and let us do the work! We can arrange for your winter storage in the Lefkas or Preveza yards, oversee the hauling & launching and prepare the bottom for the season afloat.
Engine servicing & mechanics
Engine servicing at the beginning and end of the season for trouble free sailing by qualified City & Guilds mechanic. Engine & mechanical repairs in the event of breakdown at a reasonable price.
Batteries & electrical
All types of electrical repairs, from fixing a bulb at the top of a mast to a complete system rebuild. We offer battery testing and fitting of all types of instruments, battery chargers, solar panels, wind generators, LED lighting conversions, shore power, etc.
Sails, Covers & repairs
All canvas work undertaken by long established high quality local firm.
Life raft, fire extinguisher & EPIRB servicing arranged with reliable local registered firms. Flare replacement, gas alarms, and safety equipment fitted.
Payments in Euros.
Euro is the base currency from which all other Payment options derive.
Other excepted Payments are in Bitcoin , other crypto currency on request possible, Paypal, Bank Transfer and in GBP (Pound Sterling).
Guardianage for yachts
up to 40ft 100,-€ / month,
when mooring less then a month the fee is 5,- € per day.
40ft-45ft 115,-€ / month,
when mooring less then a month the fee is 5.50 € per day.
45ft-50ft 130,-€ / month,
when mooring less then a month the fee is 6,- € per day.
To move vessels to/from our Guardianage is €35.00 per movement plus the cost of pontoon if you require your vessel left on one of the private pontoons in Nidri. If not requested otherwise, we utilise our Skorpios pontoon to hand over your vessel..
Vessels over 50ft & delivery to Levkas town/Paleros or other areas please request a quote via email.
For all technical work our charges are €35.00 per hour plus any travel time from Nidri. Travel expenses/fuel at €0.35 per km.
All work contracted out will be charged plus 15% except berthing & yard fees where an arrangement fee of €50.00 will be charged.
Engine or other spare parts ordered from abroad will be charged directly without any added fees – mailed to Skorpios Charter Greece.
Valeting & non technical work will be charged at €30.00 per hour.
Provisioning €20.00 for local collections, provisioning from Levkas town €30.00 providing at least 10 days notice given, otherwise at hourly rate plus expenses.
Laundry (wash, dry, fold & store onboard) €12.50 per load.
Yacht deliveries please email for a quote. All yachts must be in good seaworthy condition with up-to-date safety equipment (off-shore deliveries must have an up to date life-raft!). Owner will be responsible for arranging insurance & a copy of the endorsement for delivery must be produced in English, Greek & any other countries’ language for waters where the vessel will (or is likely to) be sailing in.
Payments in sterling
Calculations are based on Euros converted to Pound Sterling at the UK’s EUR to GBP rate
Payments made into our UK bank in sterling will need to be invoiced in sterling at the above rates, we will not except payment converted at clients ‘own rates’ or conversion to sterling at current rates.
Please contact us before making a payment to be sent the correct invoice. If you wish to make a payment into our UK account in a currency other than sterling the amount we receive must equal the sterling invoice & you will be invoiced for any shortfall.
- Vessels are kept close to the shore in Vlicho bay with two lines to the shore & at the stern on our own heavy anchors. These lines are checked regularly & constantly during bad weather. Vessels are generally moored in groups & joined by bow, stern & spring lines to each other. We use our own lines & anchors & will berth the yacht ourselves (fee applicable).
- Vessels will be opened & checked weekly for water ingress, battery condition, damage & engines run if owner requires (a charge will be made for any time taken to mop up water from leaking windows or charging flat batteries).
- During adverse weather conditions the vessels are regularly monitored & any necessary emergency measures carried out, such as placing extra lines, fenders or moving the vessel.
- Owners should ensure their vessels are adequately insured while left in our care. Vessels should carry all the correct paperwork. We do not provide insurance cover.
- While we ensure good care is taken to ensure your vessel is safe & secure we can not be held responsible for any damage or theft from your vessel. All removable items should be stowed inside the vessel.
- Guardianage is carried out assuming your vessel to be in good seaworthy condition. We will not be held liable for damage caused due to poor condition of the vessel, failure of equipment or engines.
- In the event of any emergency work being necessary to make your vessel secure this will be carried out as soon as possible, this may involve the owner not being contacted. The owner will be liable for the reasonable costs of such work.
- Please label all warps & fenders with your boat name. Whilst we try to keep these with your vessel, during bad weather we may swap fenders to protect your and other vessels from damage. It also deters possible theft.
- Unless you have asked us to put equipment away please ensure everything removable apart from fenders & warps are stored away.
email@example.com – all about booking into the gardianage
firstname.lastname@example.org – all about to book a berth on the pontoon
email@example.com – when you want to get something done
firstname.lastname@example.org – all about works in the boatyard
Skorpios Pontoon – 6986517406
Conny – 6947869971 also Messenger Telegram via this number
VHF Channel 14
We don’t do viber, facebook skype or other forms of un-social networks.